Sign up and take advantage of our business training bulletin. Receive top tips and our insight into the world of learning organisations. Also, contribute to article discussions and let your voice be heard. Already registered? Login here.
A password will be e-mailed to you. Thank you for your interest.
Personal resilience is arguably the most important resource for succeeding during challenging times – resilient people stay committed and proactive when the going gets tough. This workshop is for anyone wishing to learn how to increase their ability to respond positively to the many pressures and adversities they may encounter in today’s workplace.
Fortunately, resilience is not a rare ability; in reality, it is found in the average individual and it can be learned or developed by virtually anyone. It has a powerful impact on an individual’s quality of life at work, as well as their productivity and performance. Resilient people are a vital asset for any business.
The course starts with delegates identifying circumstances that can trigger a pessimistic or negative mindset, in order to understand their own psychological reactions in times of stress. With this information they can then look at what mental and emotional shifts they need to make to adopt a more flexible and adaptable approach to change. From here they start building their confidence in dealing with any situations, however difficult, with a can-do attitude of realistic optimism and emotional equilibrium. This results in increased levels of personal satisfaction and organisational success. The course is personally challenging, highly practical and based on delegates’ real workplace challenges.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Maintain a positive self-concept and confidence in their strengths and qualities
• Make realistic plans which they are capable of following through
• Demonstrate greater commitment and enthusiasm for projects
• Understand how to use Resilience, Positive Psychology
• Use stress reduction techniques to manage strong impulses and feelings
• Remain calm and level-headed under pressure
• Apply their emotional awareness to inform high quality decision-making
• Build a Resilience Development Plan