Sign up and take advantage of our business training bulletin. Receive top tips and our insight into the world of learning organisations. Also, contribute to article discussions and let your voice be heard. Already registered? Login here.
A password will be e-mailed to you. Thank you for your interest.
This course is aimed at anyone who has people responsibility. It will enable them to drive better performance from their team. But what turns a group of individuals working together into a team? And what turns that team into a high performing one that excels not merely accomplishes? These are key questions for any organisation wanting to boost performance.
The course takes time to review the elements that make up great performance. Delegates will learn about the seven types of team and the seven factors of high performing teams. They will be encouraged to carry out a Personal Team Analysis using the ASK model to evaluate the attitude, skills and knowledge of their people.
Team effectiveness and social styles analysis allows the delegate to have a basis for a plan of action to enhance the performance of their team. This develops from a clear understanding of what defines high performance.
They will then be introduced to the five stages of team development (forming, storming, norming, performing and mourning) in order to lead their team to high levels of performance at each phase.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Articulate where their team is now and where it needs to be
• Carry out an effective team diagnostic
• Gain insight into the secrets of truly great teams
• Analyse the skills, experience and attributes required for their current team to excel
• Use the ASK model to develop individual performance within the team
• Create a culture of high performance within their team
• Define the high performance benchmark for their team
• Complete action planning using ACP model