Sign up and take advantage of our business training bulletin. Receive top tips and our insight into the world of learning organisations. Also, contribute to article discussions and let your voice be heard. Already registered? Login here.
A password will be e-mailed to you. Thank you for your interest.
Communication has been described as “oil in the engine of organisational success.” It keeps things moving and the better the quality, the better the parts work together. Effective communication is an essential skill for everyone. And with the challenges of modern technology, getting our message across in a way that everyone understands becomes a bigger challenge. This course is for all who appreciate the importance of communicating more powerfully and effectively.
In this course we explore the barriers, principles and tools of effective communication which support delegates in their journey towards becoming expert communicators at every level.
It is particularly useful for individuals who need to influence others but who do not necessarily have authority over them, e.g. relationship managers, consultants, project managers and sales staff. It is designed to provide delegates with a more advanced and subtle set of communication tools.
The content of the course will give delegates a thorough understanding of the key purposes and principles of great communication, the barriers that exist and how to overcome them. The course also covers how to get people’s attention so that they listen, increasing self-awareness through feedback and how to alter language style and tone to influence others. The final part of the course covers how to handle difficult interactions in a structured and confident way to achieve a win/win outcome.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Access their personal version of the communication toolkit
• Communicate and influence effectively
• Understand their own and others’ personality types and motivators
• Increase their flexibility in influencing situations
• Develop and maintain rapport with others quickly and effectively
• Prepare for any influencing situation
• Maintain control of influencing situations
• Manage their responses in a controlled and resourceful manner
• Think in new and more creative ways
• Increase their ability and confidence in handling confrontation