Sign up and take advantage of our business training bulletin. Receive top tips and our insight into the world of learning organisations. Also, contribute to article discussions and let your voice be heard. Already registered? Login here.
A password will be e-mailed to you. Thank you for your interest.
The practical, holistic, and supportive environment created on this one day course empowers participants to focus on a proactive response to stress and the need to deliver on the needs of work in pressured circumstances. The emphasis is on preventive measures and, where practical, elimination of the causes of stress, rather than on the treatment of its effects. Anyone who finds stress an increasing problem specifically at work or their life in general will find this course invaluable. It is especially beneficial for anyone who is seeking to increase their personal and professional effectiveness through changing old patterns of behaviour.
The course contains a collection of techniques to cope with pressure. It considers that stress is becoming an increasingly global phenomenon affecting all professions, workers and society in general. There is evidence that the experience of stress at work is associated with changes in both behaviour and physiological function, which may both be detrimental to employees’ health. Stress arises at work for a variety of reasons but the need to deliver on work commitments can be a constant challenge. Extreme stress can contribute to the development of various symptoms of occupational ill health and of physical and psychological disorders. The course acknowledges this while encouraging delegates to identify the techniques which will enable them to develop resilience and perform exceptionally.
Delegates will explore methods to establish a state of mind that makes them feel in control under pressure. They will learn how to see solutions where others see problems. Using a practical resource guide delegates will understand how to create the work-life balance they need to thrive and consequently manage their time most effectively.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Deal with pressure more effectively
• Understand the nature of pressure
• Use Emotional Intelligence as a proactive strategy for dealing with internal pressure
• Study the impact of pressure and stress upon their emotional and physical health, performance and relationships
• Recognise the symptoms of excessive pressure / stress and its associated behaviours in themselves and others
• Give up ‘toxic’ practices and create a foundation on which to build resistance to stress
• Be assertive
• Understand the power of NOW
• Adopt techniques and attitudes that work most effectively for them personally